The IPTN’s vision is for a healthier society that chooses a personalized, ‘food first’ approach to optimize health, and prevent or reverse disease.
Our mission is to be a catalyst for advancing the scientific evidence base and knowledge translation strategies needed to realize our vision by:
- Conducting collaborative, multidisciplinary research
- Providing training programs and practice support
- Supporting evidence-based practice and policy change
The following principles provide philosophical context for our vision and mission and help to establish a shared foundation for collaboration and teamwork.
- We establish best practices and standardized models of care delivery through evidence-informed initiatives.
- We value transparency and declare conflicts of interest.
- Our vision is anchored in coordinated primary and community based care.
- Planning and work is always carried out through a multi-disciplinary lens.
- We are person-centered.
- We embrace healthful eating as a joyful experience.
- We are inclusive, and promote accessibility to information and opportunities for learning and collaboration.
- We are adaptive and avoid dogma, recognizing that ‘one size does not fit all’.
- We appreciate there is strength in diversity across people and approaches.
- We practice transformational leadership by:
- Challenging old ways of doing things with new ideas
- Engaging others through a shared vision
- Inspiring others by modeling new standards and communicating an achievable mission
- Influencing partners and stakeholders by gaining their respect and trust, increasing their optimism for the future, and instilling pride in our shared milestones
- We advance a mission that is future-focused while open to learning from historical mistakes.